Tooth infection causing locked/stiff jaw

Hey I've had an on going issue now with a tooth infection which was on my lower right tooth.

My issue started out when I had a tooth filling, a few weeks after I started getting severe tooth ache, was prescribed antibiotics which didn't cure the issue, I went back in, the dentist drilled back my filling, cleaned and fitted a temp filling, a few hours later the pain went away which was a big relief!

I'm not 100% sure what happened after this point but I believe I may of rescheduled for the proper filling or maybe root canal but I'm not sure. I believe at this point i had my temp filling drilled out to kill the nerve ready for root canal, I attended my appointment and because my nerve was apparently dead I wouldn't require injections (Local anesthetic?). Both canals were very painful and the dentist couldn't continue so rebooked an appointment to do it numbed. Between this time I had a tooth infection confirmed by an xray which required antibiotics. I attended my appointment and discussed with the dentest I've had no further issues, she decided she would fill the tooth instead of root canal. I think again my tooth had an infection.
A few weeks passed and my jaw started getting stiff to the point I could only open my mouth halfway and If i tried to open any further I couldn't and would cause minimal pain. More antibiotics, no good, another set as a higher dosage and maybe different antiobiotics all together, both times it improved but didn't cure, almost felt like an extra days worth would of done the job.

Attended dentist, at first she was almost convinced i had jaw issues but after an xray again it confirmed infection.

I had my tooth pulled out on 23rd March and was informed I would not require antibioics as it should now be gone, just rinse of the mouth 3-4 times a day with salty water. I'm aware it's probably not healed completely but my jaw appears to be getting worse again. I'm worried the infection has spread. It's also worth noting it's a pain in the ass to eat and I've been unable to clean my teeth properly. This has all happened over a 12 month period.

Thanks, and info would be appreciated as I'm starting to get fed up, also I don't want to get to the point where all my teeth are being pulled because the infection hasn't been stopped.

Cheers

Ask a Question