Tooth hurts when eating or drinking anything

In May 28th 2014, I got a filling done on the second to last tooth on the top right.

Fast forward to July 3rd. A sensitive pain suddenly appeared on it. It hurts whenever I chew on food or something hot or cold touches it. It also hurts when cold air touches it. I tried making an emergency appointment at the dentist, but they said they’re already booked.

The dentist I usually go to is the worst I ever been to. They set up appointments for next month or two, and sometimes the dentists are never on time to call my name.

My next appointment was at the end of July, so I waited until then. But I could not make it to that appointment because I had to make a job interview…I didn’t get the job. So in August I set up another appointment…they booked me for the middle of September. So I waited all those days, while only chewing on my left side until the day came.

I saw a different dentist that day. She looked at it. She said the filling appeared to be too high. After working on another filling, she lowered it. After that, I went home. After the numbing went away, I decided to get some lunch. I bite down…the tooth still hurt.

The next appointment was set for November 7th, and that was the last straw. I was done with that place. I went to a different place and I tell the dentist everything, and he tells me to try brushing my teeth with Sensodyne for two weeks and come back to tell the results. I did just that. After two weeks, the tooth still hurt. I go back and tell him. He gives me a referral to see an endodontist to see if I need a root canal.

Next week, I go to said person and tell him everything. He gives me an Xray and tell me my tooth is pretty healthy and doesn’t need a root canal. He looked at the tooth and lowered the filling more to see if that was the cause. I go home and make lunch. I bite down…the tooth still hurt.

There was no other choice but to go back to the “Fail Dentist” on November 7th. The dentist tried replacing the filling with the smooth texture kind instead of what I previously had. Then after, I go home. After the numbing went away, I make lunch. I bite down…the tooth still hurts.

Last night, the pain got even worse. It now hurts when my electric toothbrush touches it. I now have to brush really softly on that side. I can’t see the dentist until December 29th.

I don’t know what to do. I don’t know where to go. I’m clueless on what is wrong. I’m starting to just give up on it and live my life on chewing only on my left side. I need help…

Ask a Question