Tooth gum in its limit maybe?

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me.
I'm only 17 but when I was younger I had long periods where I wouldnt wash my teeth because I was unaware of the consequences and my mom didn't push me enough so I've had some minor dental problems. But I've faced myself with this problem (I'll index a picture)
In my lower frontal tooth, you can see that the gum's presence is not at its vital point (or whatever medical terms you may use)
I feel a little pain, nothing that really bothers me, when I drink something cold and it slightly hurts as if the gum is I fected when I brush it, but the gum, as far as I ve concluded, isnt infected.
I casually smoke, also, brush my teeth in the morning and before bed. What is this and what do you reccomend?

Attachments

• 20160702_181719.jpg
    20160702_181719.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 334
Hi Antonio,

Sensitivity to cold is a very common issue that many patients face. It appears that the front teeth have some recession, where the gums have receded away from their original position. When that happens, part of the root surface of the tooth is exposed, leading to the sensitivity that you are experiencing. The most common source of gum recession is due to aggressive brushing. Make sure that you are using a VERY soft/soft toothbrush, and not using too much force when brushing to prevent it from progressing in the future.

To help with the sensitivity, you can try rubbing a small amount of SENSITIVITY toothpaste (ex. Sensodyne) near the gumline for 1 minute and leaving it on there. Do this after you brush your teeth and before bed. By leaving the toothpaste there, it will have a more prolonged effect.

Hope that helps and don't hesitate to ask anymore questions!

Vote:

Ask a Question