Tooth Extraction

Hi,

Can someone help?

I recently had a tooth out under local anaesthetic and had a really bad experience as the tooth was broke. Since the Extraction I had not stopped thinking about the experience and have ended up with really bad anxiety about going the denist. When returning for my check up yesterday the denist informed me another tooth on the opposite side needs to come out also. This tooth is also in bad condition as it is cracked. He wanted to take it out there and then which I declined and have now made an appointment for in 2 weeks time however I am worrying myself sick about the whole thing.
The denist already didn't seem to happy that I declined today however I literally just went in to panic and couldn't face it. Just the idea of the needles in my mouth and all that painful pressure just terrifies me! (I think I've been over thinking a little too much!!!)
Can anyone advise if there is a way in which I could possibly have the tooth taken out under general anaesthetic at the local hospital? If so - how do I go about this?
I literally cannot bring myself to go to this appointment now I have worried myself so much about it.

Give yourself a little time so you can face another visit. Tell the dentist your fears and they will make you pain free as possible. I doubt will find a dentist to do a general but some might offer a twighlight drug to make you feel a bit more relaxed.

Vote:

Ask a Question