Tooth extraction pain

Hi, I had a bottom back molar removed four days ago. It was a difficult extraction and took the dentist nearly an hour of tugging and pulling to get it out. It was infected. Afterwards I did everything right with the oral care regime. Tonight I noticed that it looks like white bone at the base inside the wound, what could this be? I don’t think it’s dry socket as I have had the misfortune to have one of those before and it was excruciating, the worse pain ever. I am in pain , but I seem to have toothache in every tooth now and paracetamols are no longer helping. I’m not due back at dentist now for six months. So, my questions are, what is the white bone in wound? Why have I go toothache in every tooth, could it just be down to the trauma of a terrible extraction? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I'm pretty sure the ache in the rest of your teeth was caused by the difficulty of the extraction. I'm in the same boat right now (sort of). I had an implant removed and it was very difficult for the oral surgeon to get it out. He had to do lots of tugging as well, which puts a lot of pressure on the jaw, making the rest of your teeth hurt and maybe the swelling also causes them to shift a bit too. Shifting will definitely cause aching.

The "white bone" might not be bone, but healing tissue. That's kind've what mine looks like right now. My surgeon said it was normal.
But I really don't know. I'm certainly no expert on these things.

Vote:
I am feeling loads better now. Yes the white stuff is just the soft tissue healing. Still in some discomfort but I no longer need the painkillers so that is a good sign. Sorry to hear you had a bad extraction though. Hope you feel better soon. Thank you for replying.

Vote:

Ask a Question