Tooth Ache/Sketchy Dentist

I've been having a pretty bad toothache/ gum ache for a few days. (See attached picture) My tooth feels fine if I touch it, but the gum around the tooth hurts pretty bad when I touch it. There's like a big red gap in between my tooth and gum and my gum seems swollen. I assumed it was just a gum abcess as I've gotten those before, but went to an emergency dentist to be safe. The dentist seemed very unprofessional. His assistant took an x-ray and the dentist came in, didn't even look in my mouth and just said "I'm just going to pull that tooth right now. I'm surprised you haven't had your wisdom teeth out yet." I told him that it isn't a wisdom tooth because I've already had my wisdom teeth out. He then said "Oh, well you must have had this filling for 4 or 5 years now, because the Dentist who did It did a bad job and caused your tooth to rot. I'll just do a root canal right now." I've only had a filling in that tooth for about 3 months now so this was also strange. I told him I wanted to wait to get a second opinion and he got very defensive and pressured me into making another appointment in a few days to get work done. So my question is, does this look like a gum access to you, and should I trust this dentist. My tooth itself feels fine, just my gum around the tooth hurts.

Attachments

• IMG_5444.JPG
    IMG_5444.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 236

Ask a Question