tongue bump/leison

Hi, i have had a burning sensation in my tongue for a week now that flacuates and improves when eating or drinking. I feel it all over my tongue and the burning sensation shifts between the both sides of my tongue mostly and sometimes at the tip.
Yesterday i found this leison at the posterior lateral left area of my tongue, that by itself is not painful.
I’m concerned about this bump on the tongue now because its something new and in a danger area.
I would be really thankful if anyone could inform me about it.
Thank you

Attachments

• A1D9CFCC-5324-485F-B848-D87575644520.jpeg
    A1D9CFCC-5324-485F-B848-D87575644520.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 811
  • E2CFD454-29DE-4B8C-BDB8-3F91C848FC88.jpeg
    E2CFD454-29DE-4B8C-BDB8-3F91C848FC88.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 3D230CD6-4D9E-45A6-B2E4-0490C3CCA994.jpeg
    3D230CD6-4D9E-45A6-B2E4-0490C3CCA994.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 307

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I believe the lesion is normal and hyper-inflammed due to an autoimmune response to foods, chemicals, substances, etc. Did you use any new toothpastes, herbal supplements, cinnamon products, mouth rinses, any new substances introduced to your mouth? Usually it will resolve on its own unless you continue to use such substance(s). Possible treatment consideration is oral topical corticosteroid like Kenalog in Dental Paste (Orabase). If your tongue develops calluses, ulcerations, unusual raised masses and or similar, that's when I start to worry.

Vote:
I believe the lesion is normal and hyper-inflammed due to an autoimmune response to foods, chemicals, substances, etc. Did you use any new toothpastes, herbal supplements, cinnamon products, mouth rinses, any new substances introduced to your mouth? Usually it will resolve on its own unless you continue to use such substance(s). Possible treatment consideration is oral topical corticosteroid like Kenalog in Dental Paste (Orabase). If your tongue develops calluses, ulcerations, unusual raised masses and or similar, that's when I start to worry.
Thank you very much for the response, I have been using a new toothpaste for a month now.
If I change my toothpaste and the bump wont resolve within 2 weeks, do i have to be worried then? I’m thinking if it could be tongue cancer

Vote:
Thank you very much for the response, I have been using a new toothpaste for a month now.
If I change my toothpaste and the bump wont resolve within 2 weeks, do i have to be worried then? I’m thinking if it could be tongue cancer
Did you find out what it is i have the same thing please let me know

Vote:

Ask a Question