Throbbing tooth 9 days after filling

I had three back teeth filled 9 days ago. 1 on top and 2 on bottom. On the 4th night my top tooth hurt so bad I had to lay on ice. The 5th night the top had stop but one of the bottom teeth started hurting. It hurts on and off ever since. I have a lot of sensitivity to heat and cold both. Tylenol or advil will kill the pain for 12 hours.

I went back the dentist on the 7th day. She took an X-ray and said it was a little high and trimmed some off. She said if it needed a root canal I would have come out of the chair in pain when she drilled on it without numbing it. The pain seems to come from under the tooth sometimes or may be in the jaw.

I can chew on it without much pain, it is just hot and cold that bothers it. Before the filling I had absolutely no pain. The filling looks to fill 80% of the top of the tooth.

Should I trust the dentist and believe it may have been a high bite and that the tooth is just irritated and doesn't need a root canal or should I get a second opinion?

Trobbing Tooth Pain

I had three back teeth filled 9 days ago. 1 on top and 2 on bottom. On the 4th night my top tooth hurt so bad I had to lay on ice. The 5th night the top had stop but one of the bottom teeth started hurting. It hurts on and off ever since. I have a lot of sensitivity to heat and cold both. Tylenol or advil will kill the pain for 12 hours.

I went back the dentist on the 7th day. She took an X-ray and said it was a little high and trimmed some off. She said if it needed a root canal I would have come out of the chair in pain when she drilled on it without numbing it. The pain seems to come from under the tooth sometimes or may be in the jaw.

I can chew on it without much pain, it is just hot and cold that bothers it. Before the filling I had absolutely no pain. The filling looks to fill 80% of the top of the tooth.

Should I trust the dentist and believe it may have been a high bite and that the tooth is just irritated and doesn't need a root canal or should I get a second opinion?

My friend I just went and had the same experience with mine. The tooth had decay around the tissue line of the tooth. She put the needle in the bottom end of the tooth root and let the needle in for some time before she took it out. I have never had a dentist leave it in this long. I didn't have tooth pain this bad before I went in. She told me that I needed to have a bite wing exray on the tooth. I had one of those panaramic ones from a tooth I had extracted two weeks ago right next to this one. It had abcess around the one that came out. Going to call them in the morning to see what she tells me. Let me know what you find out if anything and I will get back on what happens here.:(

Vote:

Ask a Question