Thought-provoked (anxiety) tooth sensitivity?

Respected community,

I have a small issue I consider unproblematic, but let's see. Can a dead tooth be sensitized upon a thought? Namely, last Sunday, during lunch, I had a rather hot pumpkin soup and an hour afterwards I had a beer. However, it was not only until the next day when a friend of mine had a similar case when he took a freshly baked spinach pie and while having agreed to take a beer afterwards. At one moment he said - "this hot pie and a cold beer immediately afterwards, very bad for the teeth" - which concerned me internally and from that moment I (sub)consciously(?) thought-provoked a discomfort in my mouth, particularly one dead tooth, minor/mild sensitivity which sometimes tends to jump on the other side of the mouth?

It's been a week and I still do feel some kind of unusualness as before.

p.s. I am taking extensive care of teeth (diet wise, dental care etc.). I had dental checks this winter, next one is in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for answering this rather unusual, perhaps exaggerated issue?

zab.jpg

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
The photo is a bit unclear, so difficult to see, but it does sound like you are just worrying a little bit too much over the issue. Dental anxiety is a real thing, and can be triggered by a host of factors. Obsessing over a tooth, can also then later manifest a sort of "phantom " pain.
To put your mind at ease, go see your dentist, for re-assurance that all is well and in the mean time, try not to think about the tooth, or fiddle with the tooth too much.
Most likely all will be well.

Vote:

Ask a Question