This filling has made me sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi thank you very much for your time . I am forever thankful. I had mercury fillings placed directly into my gum when I never even needed the filling done I have since found out . It is such a horrible fillings and am ill please any dentists look at it and tell me if it is a normal filling as I am sure it is illegal . Mercury is so toxic I was unaware before but worst of all the way it’s done

Attachments

• 064D2D42-9275-498E-9B4D-F7AA10B9C42B.jpeg
    064D2D42-9275-498E-9B4D-F7AA10B9C42B.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 104

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

The photo is very blurry, but the filling looks like a classic inter-proximal amalgam filling ( filling that goes in between teeth) and is most likely only " touching the gum " , because the cavity was most likely deep. There is currently no evidence to show that amalgam fillings is poisonous to the body. It is still routinely placed in certain practices. Methyl-mercury, a different form of mercury, is not found in amalgam fillings, and this can be neurotoxic, but only if found in large quantities in the body.

Vote:
Good day

The photo is very blurry, but the filling looks like a classic inter-proximal amalgam filling ( filling that goes in between teeth) and is most likely only " touching the gum " , because the cavity was most likely deep. There is currently no evidence to show that amalgam fillings is poisonous to the body. It is still routinely placed in certain practices. Methyl-mercury, a different form of mercury, is not found in amalgam fillings, and this can be neurotoxic, but only if found in large quantities in the body.
Hello sir . The whole was only so big because of the original unneeded filling. Amalgam cracks teeth! I have read over thousand hours and mercury is toxic . Methyl mercury comes from fillings when drilled or even through saliva. Mercury is not safe and even more so I’m allergic patients like me . Are you a dentist or what?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I am a dentist yes. There has been no clinical evidence to show that any amalgam filling in the mouth has been toxic to the patients that have them. When amalgam fillings are drilled, special precautions are taken in order to limit the amount of material that enters your system. This is done with high volume suction units and some dentists even remove amalgam under rubberdam isolation.
If you happen to get methyl mercury in your system, the amount needed in order to have any measurable neurotoxic effect, is more than you would get from drilling a filling.
If you are allergic to mercury or any other metals, this should have been mentioned to your dentist before the restoration was placed.
This is part of your medical history.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Methyl mercury usually comes from fish, or from drinking water. Elemental mercury is the mercury found in dental amalgam and then releases a mercury vapor when drilled. This is not harmful. And as previously mentioned, even methyl mercury is only poisonous when you are exposed to a lot of it.
If you are truly allergic, then you should have the filling removed and replaced with a resin filling

Vote:
Please re train as a dentist sir. I spent my salary on getting removed by a holistic dentist . It is most dangerous substance on earth and has caused me illness and teeth to crack sir

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I am a dentist and you absolutely have no science knowledge. When mercury gets mixed with other metals, it loses its toxicity. I have mercury fillings in my mouth so it is very disrespectful for an ignorant person to respond like you did. Do you know that tooth colored fillings holistic dentists use also have metals in them? The white fillings have Barium Sulfate so the fillings will show up white (radiopaque) on x-rays to indicate fillings instead of voids. White fillings also shrink about 1% when light cured (polymerization shrinkage) so that introduces potential for microleakage.

Holistic dentists do not believe in Fluoride. Without adequate Fluoride, the teeth minerals are vulnerable to acid damage. It doesn't matter to them because they can make more money doing more work on you as your teeth deteriorates further.

Last edited:

Vote:
I have a degree in chemistry see smoking teeth documentary and tell me it don’t leak . Every time you chew it leaks

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I have a degree in chemistry see smoking teeth documentary and tell me it don’t leak . Every time you chew it leaks

I would like the speaker or you to explain why I have 2 mercury fillings in my mouth for 35 yrs with no traceable toxicity. I'm sure I'm suffering from toxicity in parts per trillion (insignificant) and probably exposing myself on outside radiation and radon gas. As I was explaining to a fellow forum user in PM, amalgams are an outdated restorative material and there are some options out there that seem promising such as bioactive restorative materials. I despise other dentists bad mouthing each other. They have to bad mouth in order to upsell their inferior skills. What if your competitor bad mouths you to me and I tell you to go back to school?

For your information, we dentists and doctors are required to "retrain" 20-25 hrs every year (depending on state) to maintain our license.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions

If you are a scientist, you would understand the difference between legit peer reviewed science vs junk science. There was a British physician who claimed that vaccines cause Autism. Despite that big news, I had all my family and myself vaccinated as recommended. The science community is very efficient and the doctor was quickly exposed and shut down. Junk science are made by those "professionals" who can't get recognized by legit means.

Everyone responds differently to dental procedures. Depending on the case, it may be prudent to use a different material. You have to understand there are pros and cons to every dental procedures and dental materials. I believe in keeping it simple, predictable, and minimal trauma. It is traumatic to drill on teeth which is why I refused to get any of my good fillings replaced. There are a lot of hungry dentists who want to replace good silver fillings for white ones. Afterwards I get calls about extremely sensitive teeth after the new fillings are placed. As a result these people think all dentists are bad since they never had any problems before.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I have silver fillings placed when I was 14. I'm 49 and refuse to remove them. I'm questioning your science and your chemistry background. I'm a few credits away from a chemistry degree myself so I know almost as much chemistry as someone with a Bachelors of Science in Chemistry. Only a pretender will not know the difference between legit science vs fake.

Vote:
Sir it’s ok to be upset you have a toxic metal in your mouth as do I . That is known as the second most toxic element . It certainly has no place in a persons mouth inches from there brain. How can it be unsafe in the environment but safe in your mouth . WAKE up!!!! The filling I posted you even tried to say that as normal . And I guess this one is too. Where he has drilled half amalgam half white. That’s why I am going to court over it

Attachments

• B5A03D73-D280-4BB1-8982-C170D6E1A49C.png
    B5A03D73-D280-4BB1-8982-C170D6E1A49C.png
    555.7 KB · Views: 117

Vote:

Attachments

• 24AC5DF5-8F22-47B1-8A5C-69C59FF18A13.png
    24AC5DF5-8F22-47B1-8A5C-69C59FF18A13.png
    542.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 66741987-4955-4743-A7A0-6868E66CC637.png
    66741987-4955-4743-A7A0-6868E66CC637.png
    542.4 KB · Views: 85

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I am sorry that you feel this way. As honestdoc said previously, the mercury that is in a amalgam filling, is non toxic since it is in combination with other metals.
Please find attached, just one of the many, and I emphasize many, peer-reviewed articles that try and illustrate that there is no clinical evidence to show that there is a need to discontinue the use of amalgam or to remove clinically acceptable restorations.
I have highlighted a paragraph that will hopefully try and explain what we are trying to bring across.
You can take some time, and read up yourself on all the decades of research that was done on this topic. Just go on Google Scholar and have a look.
I am sure, as you have stated, that you are also a professional person. Rather than taking a dentist to court over one filling, have you tried asking the dentist to replace the filling with a filling more to your liking? There is no need to rush to court-I am sure you would understand if you were in a similar situation. I am not even sure if the case will be taken up to be honest either way.
There are risks when removing a filling that is clinically acceptable restoration, such as Honestdoc mentioned. Foremost possible pulpal damage or additional tooth structure loss. But an amalgam filling can also be safely removed under the correct protocols as we are taught as dentists.
I really hope that you can ease your mind when you take the time to do additional research, and to know that no harm will come to you.
And in the future, please ask your dentist to not place amalgam restorations.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Please find attached the article I mentioned. There are a lot of others if this one is not to your liking.

Attachments

• Mercury Toxicity Scam.pdf
    68.4 KB · Views: 90

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Hope you find this helpful.

Attachments

• 2005_Potential Adverse Health Effects of Dental Amalgam_Adis Data Info_Journal Paper.pdf
    190.2 KB · Views: 95

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Sir it’s ok to be upset you have a toxic metal in your mouth as do I . That is known as the second most toxic element . It certainly has no place in a persons mouth inches from there brain. How can it be unsafe in the environment but safe in your mouth . WAKE up!!!! The filling I posted you even tried to say that as normal . And I guess this one is too. Where he has drilled half amalgam half white. That’s why I am going to court over it

Dr. M, you're not going to change his mind. NO SIR I'M NOT UPSET AT ANY TOXIC METAL IN MY MOUTH. I got sued before by a meth user. Good luck with court. Going to court is very expensive and your lawyer will decide if it is worth his/her time to invest in it.

As stated before, every filling case is different and there are different restorative options. I feel sorry for you being a "scientist" and not know the difference between legit science vs fake science.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I am also sorry for the dentist that has to have him as a patient for all future problems.

Vote:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question