The most painful extractions

Hello. I'm new here so a big HELLO to all! I hope your all doing good!

Unfortunately I have never been good when it comes to dental hygiene and because of that I have had a lot of teeth extracted in my time. I think I have been lucky, that in the past the most painful part of the extraction procedures have normally been the 'Lidocaine/Epinephrine' injections prior to the extractions. However, today I experienced the most painful extraction I can remember. It was one of my upper front teeth... number 8 incisor to be precise. I had to keep stopping my dentist from continuing with the extraction and get more anesthesia 3 times as the pain was too much for me to bear! I have quite a high pain tolerance and have experienced the pain associated with 'Pancreatitis' and 'Gallstone removal' which is pretty painful, (a story for another time) and no, being a male I have never experienced childbirth, although I have been told by a few women who have experienced Pancreatitis that Pancreatitis is just as bad or even worse than childbirth:) ). Anyway I got to the point where no matter how much anesthesia I had, it just made no difference. We had to continue. I cannot describe in words the type and amount of pain I felt. Ok the extraction only lasted a minute or so but it was horrible.

I'm a curious person and would like to hear from anyone else here who has had the misfortune of experiencing multiple extractions. If so, which of your teeth were the most painful to have pulled? And/or have your experiences been similar or completely different?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew :)

P.S. Please vote for your most painful extractions. Thanks

This all depends upon the dentist you are going for. A dentist can make your treatment painful or pain free. Being a dentist I always recommend everyone to have the best dentist in their area.

Vote:

Ask a Question