The color of the porcelain crown.

YSI

My experience for what it's worth. I did not know I would be shown a large color chart on the spot while in the chair and asked to pick the color of my upcoming crown. I remember the dental tech disagreed with the dentist over which color. I remember I was not wearing my glasses and up close small squares of color were a blur to me. Today, I hate the color of my crown. I also suspect the tech went with her own opinion and who would know, since they handle the paperwork. My question is why isn't there more art involved in this? Ppictures of our teeth next to the tooth to be crowned should be used by the factory to create the crown, similar to how you take a swatch of color to the paint supply store and their computer analyzes and mixes up the perfect matching paint?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
I personally follow the advice of my dental tech, since he is the one that designs and makes the crown. It is important to note that there are other factors that influence the shade, such as the shade of the underlying tooth structure, or the light in which the shade was chosen.
If you were unsure, it was important to speak up during the initial visit.

Vote:

Ask a Question