temporary crown broke and fell out

It is a lower back tooth, was eating something soft and it broke in two and fell out. What should I do? I have no pain at the moment but very sensitive. Should I not eat?

It is a lower back tooth, was eating something soft and it broke in two and fell out. What should I do? I have no pain at the moment but very sensitive. Should I not eat?
I had a back upper tooth shaved to be crowned and the temporary crown came out on my drive home. I called them and was told that the cement they used was not very good and suggested Fixodent. (I thought bubble gum would do better). Why would they do this without proper cement? They reassured me that the new cement for my permanent crown will be good and hold strong but in the meantime I have to go two weeks with this sensitive stump that feels to short to hold a crown. I'm just keeping it clean with salt water rinses and hoping for the best. My tooth was nothing more then one big filling but he refused to pull it, so now my crown will sit on a partial filling-stump. I feel it's just a "get my money" racket. It's cheaper to pull a tooth then crown it but mine needed to be pulled. (Aspen Dental by the way) They want to put 3 more crowns in but after this incompetent dentistry, no way.

Vote:

Ask a Question