Temporary cementation of definitive crown

Hello everybody
My dentist made a PFM full crown for my upper canine 3 months ago and used temporary cement to retain it. He's going to use a permanent cement 3 months later. Crown is well-retained now
is it normal or should I worry about the temporary cement?

Solutions
Im guessing this is old news, but i can attest for myself anyhow that if all is well with your crown and the fit etc. and no pain or discomfort you can have temp cement on your crown no problem for 3 months.
I have a lot stress around my teeth, and had the same concern. I still am ok with my crown having temporary cement and have not seated it w permanent yet. i dont even want to as it rattles me, and do not want to open up another pandoras box.
I personally wouldnt worry about it as long as it feels ok.

Vote:
I'm having a bit of an issue at the moment. I've been running with a permanent crown for 7 days, uncemented.

We agreed with the dentist to leave it uncemented for 2-3 days, to see how I feel. I'm so glad I did, because the crown gave me huge headaches and earaches :(

Since I already paid for the stupid crown, I can't go to get one done to my old dentist in a different city (I never had problems when he did my crowns). My old dentist took the print for the crown digitally and made it on the same day, and it was always a perfect fit. My current dentist did the traditional "paste in your mouth" to take the print for the crown, and it's just not as good of a fit.

In any case, I'm probably going to have this new dentist shorten the crown a bit more, in case my problem comes from the crown and the tooth above it touching too much. And then I'm gonna have him do a temporary cement of the crown. If the crown continues to cause pressure in my head, in the end, I'm gonna throw it away and go get a new crown made where they do it digitally.

So yeah, temporary cementation is good for some cases in my opinion :)

Vote:

Ask a Question