temporarily inflammed gums or something worse?

Hi, I just got my braces off today and I've noticed the gums of the bottom teeth are swollen and some parts bleed a little when flossed. When I had braces it was very hard for me to brush and floss and I often got frustrated and gave up. Will this go away over time with good brushing and flossing or is this permanent or a disease or something. Thanks for taking your time to help me out.
20140127_170804.jpg
20140127_170804.jpg
20140127_170804.jpg

This kind of gum issues does occurs specially with braces, i would recommend you to notice other issues as well, if the same recedes then its well & good. But if not i would recommend you to take help from another dentist who can actually check out went wrong after taking off the braces.

Vote:
Dental hygiene can be difficult when wearing braces. Some orthodontic patients have their teeth professionally cleaned more frequently because of this. You should definitely make an appointment with your dental hygienist. A professional cleaning and at home maintenance will return your gums to normal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:
While you are having orthodontic treatment, you need to continue to have regular check-ups with your family dental professional to ensure little problems don't become big ones.

Vote:

Ask a Question