Tempature sensitivity after temporary crown

Hi there,
Some background...I was having extreme sensitivity to temperature in tooth #15. X-Rays showed no sign of cavity so a crack was suspected. My dentist send me to an endodontist to double check. They also showed no sign of cavity so they put me through the temperature test and I thought I might pass out from the pain. He says I've convinced him and goes ahead with a root canal. For six weeks after the root canal while I was waiting for insurance to approve a crown, I had zero pain. I went in last week to have the tooth prepped for a crown and was given the temporary crown while I wait for the permanent one to be made. Within a day or two, I started having temperature sensitivity again which I don't understand at all. Shouldn't the nerves be gone? How is there still pain? So, I went back in today and my dentist told me that he would take off the temporary crown and see if the pain subsides. The temperature sensitivity is back to being excruciating. Does this mean I need another root canal or is it possible the tooth is fractured and it's going to need pulled now? I'm such a wreck about this. I'm scared that the tooth prep cracked it. Is this possible?

Ask a Question