Teeth Whitening at Home

Does anyone know of any method for whitening your teeth at home? I'd like to try some of these out before I get them professionally whitened just in case I find them white enough afterwards.

I've heard of eating strawberries and oil pulling but are there anymore I could try? Cheers

Solutions
I had a yoga teacher who cleaned her teeth by pulling coconut oil. She had really white teeth. I have no idea of the risks or benefits. Seemed a lot of fuss though and you have to keep doing it.

Vote:
Be careful about using baking soda, it can cause damage to your enamel. You should research what a safe amount to use is and for how long.

The best way to whiten your teeth without causing any damage is using coconut oil and mixing it with activated charcoal. I have my son do this since he doesn't really need professional whitening (hes 13).

If you're looking to get really pearly whites, then try Crest 3D whitening strips. I used them myself and my teeth were 3-4 shades lighter within a month. Be careful with these as well, my teeth were sensitive after using them (when used daily). Sensitivity wore off after a day or two. Try not to use them daily, should help with that problem.

Vote:
Cheers guys, I'll do some research into baking soda and I'll also check out those Crest 3D whitening strips. I'm not too bothered about getting really white teeth, just a few shades whiter than they are now - probs best to try the baking soda first.

Vote:
You should try to use toothpaste that have active ingrediant like Sodium Fluoride. I have found few toothpastes like Colgate, Burst, Meswak that have sodium fluoride in it.

Vote:

Ask a Question