Teeth staining problem

I see my dentist every six months for a teeth cleaning and have a good regime of teeth brushing and flossing, however in the last year or so I have suffered with yellow stains on my front teeth. I will go for a teeth cleaning and within a matter of weeks, I have discolouration again.

I have always loved tea and wine, but have tried to cut down my intake in case this is the reason for the discolouration. This hasn't seemed to make too much of a difference.

Can anyone assist with regards to possible causes as to why this has only started happening quite recently, and what solutions there might be?

We have the same situation, Lara. I am having a problem with teeth stain. I love drinking coffee and had to cut down on that because it was the main reason of the discoloration.

Vote:
Aging can also lead to stains on teeth. As you age, the enamel on your teeth tends to thin out exposing the inner yellow layer of dentin. While stains caused by the above reasons can be removed or reduced, there are some stains that need professional attention. Stains caused by fluorosis (an over exposure to fluoride) or as a result of certain antibiotics such as tetracycline cause intrinsic stains that need a dentist’s expertise to remove...

Vote:
Well it is somewhat true that aging show its repercussion on oral health too, where discoloration of tooth takes place. But i would suggest you to try out baking soda wash on daily basis, as this helps one to retain the whiteness for longer time & at the same time continue with flossing.

Vote:
Hello All,
Yes Of-course brushing and flossing is making positive impact
but if your teeth get rid of the stain again then you must contact your dentist for any another treatment beyond teeth cleaning.
I think it is not sufficient.

Vote:

Ask a Question