Teeth sensetive to cold

Everything was fine, until yesterday the right part of my bottom teeth started hurting when I drank something cold or ate ice cream, and this is really annoying.
Someone knows what can I do for my teeth to stop hurting or what can be the reason it started?
Thanks for your help.

Solutions
There are all sorts of reasons. Could be that you are grinding, could be erosion from fizzy drinks or from acid attacks, could be under-brushing or over-brushing. If you want to try to mitigate this then don't brush too hard, get a night guard so you don't grind when you sleep, relax your jaw in the day (don't clench), avoid fizzy drinks or acidic food/drinks, floss, use a sensitive toothpaste, go to regular hygiene appointments. Sometimes you just inherit this from parents. If you look after your teeth and avoid triggers for a while it should settle. Maybe your hygienist can show you some brushing techniques.

Vote:
Hello,

If eating ice cream and drinking cold drinks make your teeth hurt, you are probably suffering from cold-sensitive teeth. Cold-sensitive teeth are not uncommon, but it’s important to understand the difference between cold-sensitive teeth and tooth decay or gum disease. Cold-sensitive teeth occur when the nerves within the tooth are exposed due to receding gums or worn tooth enamel. To avoid Cold-sensitive teeth try to avoid biting into very cold foods—for example, lick your ice cream instead of biting into it. Also use a toothbrush with soft bristles and soft dental floss. A soft-bristled brush can help reduce the gum irritation that may make teeth sensitive. For your sensitive teeth you can use the Crest Pro-Health Sensitive Shield toothpaste it's designed to reduce the cold sensitivity in teeth by covering up exposed dentinal tubules thereby preventing a cold stimulus from causing the fluid in the tubules to flow.

Vote:

Ask a Question