Teeth problems :( Dentist cant find anything wrong

Hi guys, i have recently had a amalgam filling done a month ago, afterwards it was fine but 3 days later i started getting a terrible pain everytime i chew, mainly hard foods like crisps etc. Went to the dentist on the 11th jan this month and he couldent find anything wrong, adjusted the bite down, flossed around it, even applied flouride, but the pain is still there and its agony everytime i wanna chew on that side. I have had a look at other forums and advice online and most people say it might be a crack and to have it out but how am i sure 100% its a crack and that i should have it out? The pain is really hard to localise between the recently filled one and the one next to it (also has an amalgam filling which was placed around 3 years ago), i have even tried watching myself eating in the mirror when the pain comes but its really hard to tell which tooth out of the two the pain is coming from...
Anyone got any advice or ideas what it could be? The pain is ONLY there when i chew :(
Thanks

Solutions
If there is a crack that is serious then you would have a pain like an electric shock when you bite down on it when eating hot food. It's a very distinctive pain that feels like it fills the whole tooth with the heat of the food. If you can feel the cold in the tooth then the root is alive. Minor cracks are present in many of our teeth without us realising and tend to settle into a balance. It can take a filling a while to settle and you might find that in two or three months it no longer hurts. Avoid hard foods on that side in the meantime.

Vote:

Ask a Question