Teeth hurt a month after a fluoride treatment at denise

Solutions
I am a 70 year old male. I have three crowns (old) crowns in the front. The two front teeth and the one to the left. My top right back also crowned. My next to back right on the bottom is also crowned and a root canal. I had started having a little trouble with the tooth to the right of my front tooth feeling a little discomfort. I went in to the dentist 11/18/16 for a cleaning and to have them check this. My old dentist had retired which I hated. The new dentist blurted out I needed to have this tooth crowned and the tooth next to it filled. She didn't give me much of a explanation. Anyway after my cleaning the girl asked me if I wanted a fluoride treatment and unfortunately I said yes. I have never had one before. Since that day I have suffered with most all my teeth hurting and so sensitive I can't hardly touch them. It was not like this before I had the fluoride treatment. My front teeth touch when I swallow and close my mouth and it hurts the top and bottom teeth. I was not having any trouble like this before the treatment. Can anybody please shed any light on this. I have read on the net trying to find anything on this till I'm tired. I do have receded gums. I did have the trey type fluoride treatment and I read that it is possible it could penetrate you gums during the treatment. Could this have done something to the nerves my teeth. One of my teeth in the front has had a root canal and it is hurting just like the rest.. Any suggestions or information would be appreciated. Oh. I have brushed with Sensodine for years.

Fluoride is toxic to tissue and organs... It is great for enamel on teeth though. Rinse and never ingest, it is toxic. I suppose there could be something else in their fluoride treatment product... phone them and ask them to identify the product so you can research the ingredients or see if any others experienced what you did with that product.

As an example of bad dental products, for a period of time there was a toxic chemical used in root canal fillings which caused pain and other baddies. It was identified and outlawed, and I saw a case where a dentist in the U.S. had used a product containing it- likely imported.

Could also be an issue with exposed cementum. It is possible said fluoride treatment should only be placed on enamel, and never cementum- I do not know.

Vote:

Ask a Question