Taking the DANB

I have been a DA II at a pediatric dental office for almost 2 years now. Fortunately, I work for 2 wonderful dentist that are offering incentives for us to take the DANB and become certified. I graduated from the dental assisting program at a technical college here in NC in June of 2009, however, due to the economy I had a 1 year span of time searching for a DA II position. Long story short, because I feel like it's been so long since I've been in school, I'm nervous about taking the exam. I feel like I'm not going to have the time to study for it and I don't even know where to start or the main things to focus on studying. I have kept most of my dental assisting books/notebooks from school, but I am not sure if I need to purchase study books or what. I've been to the DANB website and done a few practice test there and also have searched on amazon for study guides as well. Is there anyone out there who has recently taken the exam, who didn't just get out of school, who can give me some advice?

Ask a Question