Swollen papillae or something else?

Hey guys,

I noticed this 3 weeks ago just under my uvula and it's causing me some concern (I suffer terribly from anxiety :(), they seem larger than the rest of the papillae in the area. I've also been having a feeling that something is stuck in my throat but have no pain when swallowing/breathing.

I'm 28, male, never smoked, very rarely drink alcohol, but I do have a terrible diet and I'm well overweight. I'm currently on a course of antibiotics as I've been having problems with phlegm in the morning (have to phone back this week if it doesn't clear the feeling of something being in my throat, and he's going to prescribe me PPI's for possible reflux?).

I finally got an appointment at my dentist in a weeks time, but I do suffer from anxiety and was just looking to see if anybody could shed some light on what's going on.

If you need any more information I'm more than welcome to answer any questions.

I'm scared :(

Attachments

• athroat.jpg
    athroat.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 130
  • athroat1.jpg
    athroat1.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day,

It just looks some swollen lingual tonsils. If your immune system is a bit compromised due to another condition, they might swell up from time to time. I don't see a need to worry at this stage.

Vote:

Ask a Question