Swollen Mouth

Good Afternoon,

I wander if someone can help me I have spoken to two doctors but still am slightly worried about my current symptoms.

I have been feeling unwell lately, I first got diagnosed with Bells Palsy and had a course of steroids. Then I noticed the arches on the back of throat were red and had an increased amount of saliva and one white pimple appeared..thought maybe allergies and tried Benadryl. Next I noticed that both of my cheeks had swollen inside and looked lumpy and have what looks like a skin tag on it, I also have constant headache on the left side and a slight loss of feeling in my face although not numb. My tongue also keeps tingling. I have now been on antibiotics for 3 days and still no change, my doctor said to ring back Monday if no improvement.

I am not a person that worries usually but I am concerned about what is wrong especially as it has not been looked at but I have had phone consultations. I feel guilty to see a doctor at out of hours so I am left worrying until I see someone unless the antibiotics suddenly work.

Could anyone offer any advice please?

Thank you for your time

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day?

Have you had your tonsils removed yet? What about your wisdom teeth?
Any photos of the affected areas?

Vote:
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I saw my dentist today and had my tonsils checked along with plenty of X-rays. The dentist can find no issues with my teeth or tonsils at all. He was very helpful and honest as he agrees there is an issue with the swelling in both cheeks in my mouth but he does not know what is causing it unfortunately! He stated he did not know where to refer me to next and my next step is finally a face to face with my GP on Friday, I really hope he can solve the mystery so I can get the correct treatment and feel better soon.

I tried to take a picture of my cheeks but so far have not managed anything that would be useful!

Thanks again

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Also keep in mind blocked salivary glands or swollen parotid glands. If you see your GP, ask about this as well.
Sometimes swollen cheeks could also be due to enlarged muscles of mastication due to a chronic habit of grinding.

Vote:

Ask a Question