Swollen Gum, anybody know what this is?

Hello everyone, my name is Jamie. I'm new to this forum and joined today after noticing an increasing amount of swelling on my inner gum between a molar and the roof of my mouth.

I'd be so happy if anyone could shed some light on what i'm experiencing and whether or not i can solve this at home or if i should visit the doc.

I've uploaded some pictures below as you can see, neither are particularly pretty but any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG-20171225-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20171225-WA0002.jpg

no problem, hope all the best for you. With palpation and x-ray will be much helpful for diagnosis. How long does it take place? BTW, your oral hygiene is not optimal.

Been this way for three days now, swelling seems to have reduced slightly after waking up this morning.

I neglected my oral hygiene while I was a teen however I now brush twice daily once when I get up and again before bed. I am worried about losing more of my teeth from neglect however I am trying harder than ever to keep on top of them. Besides brushing twice daily, is there anything else you would suggest I could do to improve my oral hygiene? I would like to keep the teeth I have left.

Vote:
best would be go to dental hygienist. Reduce sugar containing food and snacks, no carbonic acid drinks, brush teeth immediately after food, dental floss is a good thing.
If it happened only several days, it could not be exostosis, because it means the over growth of bone, it can not take place in 3 days. Better with a Panorama x ray or CBCT to diagnose. Does it really hurt when press with fingers? And what is the texture of the swollen? Soft, hard_? or Cavity? without Palpation and x ray is difficult.

Vote:
best would be go to dental hygienist. Reduce sugar containing food and snacks, no carbonic acid drinks, brush teeth immediately after food, dental floss is a good thing.
If it happened only several days, it could not be exostosis, because it means the over growth of bone, it can not take place in 3 days. Better with a Panorama x ray or CBCT to diagnose. Does it really hurt when press with fingers? And what is the texture of the swollen? Soft, hard_? or Cavity? without Palpation and x ray is difficult.

I have alot of sugar with coffee ill cut that out and the fizzy drinks too. I'll remember to brush immediately after food as often as I can and pickup some floss.

There is no pain whatsoever. It is soft to touch with no cavities.

Thankyou again for your advice.

Vote:

Ask a Question