Swollen gum above wisdom teeth area, picture included.

Hi,

Just yesterday the area above my left wisdom tooth began to swell. At first it was a little annoying, but now it is downright painful to the point where I cannot sleep. Though my wisdom teeth have started growing, they have not yet grown past the gum (I am 20 years old). My right side is fine.

Is this a result of my wisdom teeth growing even further? Or is it an infection? I cannot close my mouth without biting into it and I think the blood may have come from me biting down in my sleep. I can't even eat without tearing up. The adjacent molar also aches, and I am scared that if it was an infection that it may be spreading. Any insight would be appreciated! Thank you.

Attachments

• teeth.png
    teeth.png
    391.1 KB · Views: 46,555
Hi,

Just yesterday the area above my left wisdom tooth began to swell. At first it was a little annoying, but now it is downright painful to the point where I cannot sleep. Though my wisdom teeth have started growing, they have not yet grown past the gum (I am 20 years old). My right side is fine.

Is this a result of my wisdom teeth growing even further? Or is it an infection? I cannot close my mouth without biting into it and I think the blood may have come from me biting down in my sleep. I can't even eat without tearing up. The adjacent molar also aches, and I am scared that if it was an infection that it may be spreading. Any insight would be appreciated! Thank you.
Yes, it is related to wisdom tooth, in most cases wisdom teeth now a days limited or no space on the jaw or the tooth is coming in a wrong alignment with other teeth in front of it. Your dentist needs to take an X-ray to find is there enough space on the jaw to accommodate it and is it coming in right alignment with other teeth or not? If there is not enough space on the jaw or not aligning correctly then this WISDOM teeth needs to EXTRACTED if not it will keep bothering you with pain,swelling, bad breath. So please let this tooth be checked by a general dentist.

Vote:

Ask a Question