Swallowing without teeth touching

Solutions
Does it hurt to swallow without your teeth touching. I am having trouble with my bite. Went to the dentist last week with the back left and left front teeth touching when I swallow. The front upper and lower also hurt when they touch together but at that time it was the two I described. The dentist did some grinding and when I left the back left felt pretty good but when I got home I found out the left front was still hurting and day before yesterday the back right lower tooth seemed to be hitting a little when I swallow.
I went back today and told him what I had. He did some more grinding on the right back and it feels ok. Did some grinding on the left front upper and lower. The upper is a crown. It felt fairly well in the office. I get home and dang if the left rear and the same left front tooth feel like they hit when I let my teeth get together to swallow.
I can purposely swallow without putting my teeth together and it doesn't hurt any of my teeth because they aren't touching. What I am wondering is, does it hurt anything. It seems like my bite is changing from day to day. I am sitting at the computer writing this and if I move my lower jaw to the right a little they don't come together. Anyway does anyone know if it hurts to swallow this way. I will probably go back to the dentist again (3rd) time to see what he says or should I go to a different type doctor. Don't know. PS What I am doing is putting my tongue against the roof of my mouth just above my front teeth then swallowing without my lower and upper teeth touching.

Ask a Question