Swallowed Crown and Post

Hi I am new to this forum so please forgive any mistakes! The middle of last week, I discovered that one of my front crowns felt very loose and wobbly. I phoned the dentist and was told that the dentist I see was on holiday, but the emergency dentist would be able to see me the next day if I phoned at 8.30 a.m. I did this but the receptionist said that the emergency dentist would not take be able to do anything and I could see my own dentist next week (this week) if I phoned on Monday 8.30am I did this and was told that my dentist would not see me unless the crown had come out. So I left it. By Wednesday it was very wobbly and I was concerned it would not last the holiday period, but was again told it would still be useless to see the dentist, if I still had the crown in the tooth. I tried to argue with her but got nowhere. Today the crown came out when I was eating bread & jam for breakfast and I swallowed it! Now I have to ring on Tues and will need a new crown, which will probably cost a lot more than it would have if I had seen someone before. Not to mention the uncomfortable mouth and the horrible look of the gap in my front teeth. Also, this crown has always felt too big for the space and I have always been aware of it, which the dentist ignored, although the first crown had to go back as he couldn't fit it as it was too big. I'm fed up.

drmins

Verified Dentist
and was told that my dentist would not see me unless the crown had come out.

Unfortunate.You can inform your dentist about this sort of response received from the office reception.As there is no alternative,other than making a new crown, go for it and bring back your smile.

dr.mins

Vote:

Ask a Question