Surgery!?

A few weeks back one of my fillings popped out. It was a fairly large filling that covered nearly half my tooth as I lost it a good 10+ years ago from chewing on a skittle.

Long story short, I am new to the area and haven't found a dentist and chose a place that was convenient for me location and time wise.

I get in and she tells me that I can no longer do a filling (apparently too worn down or something along that line) and that a cap/crown is my only option. I unfortunately get suckered into it and just go ahead and let them prepare me for the work... fast forward to the middle of my appointment, she had noticed my front tooth had a root canal a long time ago and suggested I cap the tooth as well as it is pretty discolored now from being dead..

I say nah thank you, I've lived with it for 20 years I'll be fine. Not taking no for an answer she all of a sudden says to me, throw that cap out the window, you need surgery immediately. She says I have an infection and need it drained asap. Baffled at the turn of events i say I have no pain and will get a second opinion. She walks away and comes back w a suggestion for a second opinion.

So now I find myself wondering if I got royally effed out of a few hundred bucks(probably could have gotten a filling) but I had already waited a few weeks to get this done as it was so I just felt like hurrying up the matter.

Anyone able to look at this xray and tell if it's absolutely filled with fluids and infected and requires surgery ASAP as this "dr" indicates?

Attachments

• 20171016_202320.png
    20171016_202320.png
    516.1 KB · Views: 304

Ask a Question