Strange Sensitivity & Pain Problems

I have recently been having some serious problems with my teeth. I was given the all clear 2 years ago with 1 or two fillings saying my teeth were in perfect Health. 6 Months later i was told I needed 7-9 fillings in my teeth (all over no specific area, mainly molars) & the dentists couldn't explain why. I used to drink a huge amount of sugary drinks but had cut back a year or so prior to this news only having 1 a day, so it was a shock. I got the work done with all white fillings and thought that would be me sorted.

Unfortunately following this I was experiencing some pain in my upper left hand side of the mouth with sensitivity and dull pain that made me want to bite down/prod at it. Following this sensitivity was found in the second molar so root canal treatment was carried out. A short while down the line the next tooth my 2nd BiCuspid ( I had 1st molars removed when I was very young) became sore and root canal surgery was also performed. Now further down the line the next tooth (1st Bicuspid) has become extremely sensitive, much worse than any of the others had & root canal is currently recommended for it. I can't eat anything hot or cold on it but there is no other pain than sensitivity.

Now the strange part is that the sensitivity seems to be moving along my teeth one by one however the pain that makes me want to prod and bite down still exists between my 2nd molar and my 1st bicsupid in the gum. I'm not sure what else I can do other than get the 3rd root canal on the 1st Bicuspid which I really do not want to do, as I don't feel that approach is solving any problems.

A little bit of other background is that I had a deviated septum from sport fixed through a septoplasty 8 months ago due to sinus blockage problems. This has since cleared up and am on a prescribed steroid spray to keep my sinus's under control. The sinus problems were originally thought to be the problem of the problems in the top left however they have since been quite good and the problems still exist.
I also have all of my wisdom teeth in/growing & have been since the problems started. I've seen two dentists & neither had concerns with the space in my mouth with regards to them due to having my 2nd molars removed when younger.

Apologies for the long post but I am at the end of my tether with it as I have spent a serious amount of cash on my teeth & no one ever seems to have answers other than root canal. My dentist is very patient and has been extremely reluctant to do this 3rd root canal but there doesn't seem to be another choice as I've had several X-rays and nothing is showing up.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Sorry for your predicament. Unfortunately your teeth do get sensitive especially to cold temperatures after fillings. Sinus pain can mimic teeth pain and how you know is if you bend forward or go up & downstairs with the pain more pronounced. If it is sinus pain, have your physician evaluate and treat it.

Vote:
Thanks for the reply however the tooth that is now sensitive, does not have a filling/root canal in it as of yet. The sensitivity seems to be moving from tooth to tooth as the one behind receives root canal treatment. I have been to a Ear Nose & throat doctor due to my sinus surgery and they are happy with the health of my Sinus's.

Vote:

Ask a Question