Strange numbness in the front tooth

Hello.
To start with, about 3 months ago I underwent endodontic treatment of my 7. tooth (second molar) on the right side in the lower dental arch. During one of the appointments my dentist applied anesthetic with a syringe somewhere in the back of my mouth and she hit so painfully (probably right into the nerve), that the right side of my jaw got immediately numb and it was very unpleasant like an electric shock reaching the first tooth on the same side. Anyways, after 5 -6 hours the anaesthtic wore off my tongue, but for a week I was experiencing a strange feeling of numbness (especially when opening my jaw) in the front lower tooth. But then it passed.

Unfortunately a few days ago (3 months after the treatment!) the feeling surprisingly came back! I didn't hurt my teeth or anything and again I get the feeling of pressure/ numbness in my front lower tooth on the same side when I open my jaw to eat or talk.

I'd like to add the on the same side of my mouth in the lower arch I "keep" an impacted wisdom tooth. It grows horizontally, but its crown is directed towards the other molars, so it's unlikely to damage the nerve. So what can be the cause of the strange neurological feeling in my tooth coming back suddenly??

And the important thing is that the feeling I experience is not pain! It's really hard to describe, but it's there was a string tied on my front tooth that tries to pull it backwards.. such a tension/ pressure ? Is it possible for the nerve damage to come back once it has recovered? :(

Ask a Question