Strange marks on tongue, no pain. I also do have geographic tongue.

The back taste buds on the back side of my tongue ar quite inflamed and red. There was also a small mark on my tongue which seems to have gotten bigger over the course of a week, white rim around it, no pain x

PXL_20230328_090144077.jpg

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
No
Great stuff, what about the inflamed taste buds? Anything to be concerned about x
Nope. That's what you typically see. May stay there for days or weeks before disappearing and then showing up elsewhere. Thought to be an immune dysfunction but no solid evidence. As long as you're otherwise healthy, and as long as the lesion does disappear and reappear, then that's the diagnosis.

Vote:
No

Nope. That's what you typically see. May stay there for days or weeks before disappearing and then showing up elsewhere. Thought to be an immune dysfunction but no solid evidence. As long as you're otherwise healthy, and as long as the lesion does disappear and reappear, then that's the diagnosis.
Ah that's amazing, thankyou so much. As I said its not hurting so all is well. I appreciate your time x

Vote:

Ask a Question