Strange gum sensation after tooth repair

one of my front teeth broke and had it fixed with a filling on one side of it. Lately when I run my tongue along the gum at the back of the tooth it feels as though I can also feel it on the gum at the front. Is this normal? I know it sounds strange and hope it makes sense to someone

About 2 years. I went for a check up Monday and she said it looked fine but have recently noticed this weird gum sensation. When I run my tongue along the gum at the back of the tooth it feels like a tingling sensation on the gum at the front of the tooth

Vote:
It’s a composite filling as it’s at the front. I’m wondering about asking for a crown instead. Is it possible to remove a filling and would a crown irritate it less?

Vote:
Solutions
With a crown there's always a risk that you could trigger root failure. You could end up with a different problem. You could ask them to replace the filling, but each time they drill a tooth and add a filling they have to use a bit of acid to make it all stick. If you broke the tooth it could be that it doesn't have a perfect structure for a crown. They may have had to fill below the gum line. You should really discuss your options with your dentist as they have all the information. Ideally go for a second opinion at another dentist. They should run through all the risks and the likely outcome.

Vote:

Ask a Question