Spot

Solutions
8A1D36A2-1A4A-4A90-B6CF-8376DADB799C.jpeg
3 So 3 months ago I hurt the roof of my mouth and a small spot appeared. I picked at it and it now hasn’t gone away after 3 months. I went to the dentist and he took an X-ray and said it was just gum growth. However the spot fluctuates in size. As seen it is not huge but it does annoy me and I have noticed it getting bigger. It feels quite hard and I have burnt my mouth this weekend and now it is a bit sore. Before this it was not sore. I know I have been to the dentist but this spot is worrying me. I have googled and think it might be a persistent Mucous cyst? Which apparently I can just leave alone? Or do you recommend I have it removed! Thank you!!!!

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
With your history of trauma, appropriately it is called Traumatic Fibroma. Have it removed and confirm it with a biopsy.

Vote:
Solutions
Thank you so much! I’m just curious... Why did the dentist not say to have it removed? He said I could have it removed but it wasn’t necessary?I also have a small lump in my jawline, the doctor said that this was a lymph-node because it has gone down and it hurt at one point could this be related e.g. cancer. I do know that lymph nodes sometimes never go down but just wanted to check that this could not be related! Thank you

Last edited:

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day,

Usually with your history, the most likely diagnoses is a traumatic fibroma. It can be biopsied if you wish, to confirm diagnoses, but in a lot of cases it is not necessary to remove it, if it is not causing you any discomfort. It is just important to be aware of this lesion, and if you notice any changes, then rather have it excised.

Vote:
Solutions
You are all amazing thank you so much! I am a teacher and don’t get time to get things checked as much and you’ve just made my life so much easier! The spot does annoy me and has appeared to have gotten bigger... however I do touch it alot so I will try and leave it alone and if it causes me further issues I will then get it removed! Thank you again you are amazing!

Vote:

Ask a Question