Sores on sides of tongue, White patches on inner cheeks, Discoloration

Hi! Begging a Dr. here to help me out here, google sends my anxiety sky-high. Some background: I'm 19, a non-cigarette smoker but I do vape (I know, I am attempting to quit), and frequent-ish drinker (rarely more than 2-3 5% beverages). I have been recently prescribed Adderall (20 mg 2-3 times a day) for my ADD/ADHD. However, since beginning treatment, I have to admit I have not been able to take care of myself properly (hygiene, eating, drinking water, etc). I have never been big on red meat or greens, so I have struggled with B12 and Iron deficiencies for a while now. Other than already having a poor diet, school work and my new prescription has dropped my weight from 135-125 over the span of 3-5 months. I noticed swelling/sores primarily on the sides/under my tongue and my inner cheeks (lower back molars) probably a month or so ago and went to the ER because I was worried sick. The doctor felt my lymph nodes and quickly glanced into my mouth and said my symptoms were most likely due to dehydration being recently malnourished. However, my tongue is beginning to hurt and I am still worried. Hoping she is right, and I just need to get my diet back on track. However, would really appreciate any insight you may be able to offer. Thank you!

Attachments

• inside mouth.PNG
    inside mouth.PNG
    535.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0824.JPG
    IMG_0824.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0826.PNG
    IMG_0826.PNG
    571.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 69

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I don't see anything abnormal. Get your diet, vaping and health in order ASAP. You will get anxiety when your body deteriorates prematurely.

Vote:
Thank you for your reply! Definitely reassuring, and I will work on my diet and bad habits. Do you have any additional suggestions on how I should go about treating the white sores on the sides of my tongue? I'm prone to trauma canker sores from biting my lips, but never on my tongue They are a bit painful, but not always, and have been present for a little over a month now. I attached 2 more pictures for reference. Thank you again!

Attachments

• IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 60

Vote:

Ask a Question