Sore like bump in mouth

Hi,
So I’ve had my wisdom teeth removed a week ago and recovery is generally going well, but I have this red sore like bump on the inside of my cheek towards the top of my mouth. It’s tender to the touch and has little white dots on it. It doesn’t look like a canker sore and I’ve got a much smaller version of it on the left side.
(sorry, had a hard time trying to capture an image, but you can gauge the size on top). Thank you for any help!

Attachments

• B65A5B24-3CF7-42FC-8E1A-23252A302C2A.jpeg
    B65A5B24-3CF7-42FC-8E1A-23252A302C2A.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 131

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day,

Has the bump become bigger over the past week? Did you perhaps bite your cheek unknowingly while under local anaesthetic?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It might be a mucous extravasation cyst or mucocele due to the trauma of the injection. This is nothing to worry about. If this lesion doesn't disappear within another week, make a follow-up visit with your dentist to investigate further. Sometimes all it needs is just a small cut to allow the fluid to drain.

Vote:

Ask a Question