Solar powered dentistry :-)

Hello, I’m a dental electronics/electrical technician and I am work with some dentists and therapists who do overseas charity work in the South Pacific islands, I occasionnaly go with them to take care of any technical issues.

I have already put together a couple of portable air driven dental carts with a compressor and high, slow speeds and scalers, but some of the places we go to are very (very !) remote and the only available power is either solar or a petrol generator, neither of which are particularly good solutions.

I am looking for suggestions on using electric handpieces within the following criteria.

Moderate cost as I do this as an individual donation so I buy, assemble and donate all the equipment to the charity, so I can’t afford the latest lightest equipment.

Something that is very easy to use, most of the volunteer dentists or therapists will not have used electric before so it needs to be something they can get to grips with very quickly. Most of the dental work is RoP and drilling and filling so nothing too involved.

I have had a good look around eBay but as far as electric goes I can’t tell the difference between a horse or a donkey, and I haven’t yet found a local dentist that uses electric stuff.

I can take care of all the technical issues including making everything portable and compatible with what limited solar power is available, but I’d really appreciate some general advice and recommendations. Many thanks..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
https://reduslim.at/

Latest Threads