Small hole in roof of mouth?

Had some slight burning pain in this area two weeks ago. thought it was because i injured it while eating chips. Noticed this hole there, it's been two weeks and the hole is still there? I've included a circled pic for identification.

anyone know what this is?

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    860.2 KB · Views: 449

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Usually most injury in the mouth heal after 2 weeks. I think your injury has improved/healed and what is left is still healing or developing a scar (granulation tissue).

Vote:
Had some slight burning pain in this area two weeks ago. thought it was because i injured it while eating chips. Noticed this hole there, it's been two weeks and the hole is still there? I've included a circled pic for identification.

anyone know what this is?
Is it okay now?

Vote:
Usually most injury in the mouth heal after 2 weeks. I think your injury has improved/healed and what is left is still healing or developing a scar (granulation tissue).
doc is it normal for injuries in this area to have scar tissue form? theres a slight lump in that area now. when i press down on it, it kinda feels like how a scar would feel on one's skin. i kept picking at it when it was healing and actually created a slightly bigger 'wound'. so it had to heal again and now the 'scar' or whatever you wanna call it is also slightly bigger than before.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
When there is trauma to the connective tissue (under the epithelium) usually scarring (granulation tissue) can occur. It can be hard to stop picking at it but you may be overly traumatizing the area.

Vote:

Ask a Question