Small cut? In back of mouth

C20CB9D0-AFB3-4D56-8665-E9B43B6F4E94.jpeg
Yesterday started experiencing pain when chewing/swallowing. At first I thought it might be related to my wisdom teeth, but so far they have all been coming in with no problems or any pain up to this point. The tooth itself did not hurt. Upon looking, I realized that there is actually a small cut or puncture that i think is causing the pain. It had caused some slight pain when swallowing and had made eating more difficult because there is some pain when that part of my mouth moves. I took a picture where you can see the cute/wound I’m talking about. I have no idea what I could have done to cause this.
I just want to know if this is likely to be wisdom tooth related or if I should just treat it like any other cut and let it heal on it’s own.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
A good assessment would be if you continue to get the same cut on the same location, then consider having the upper wisdom tooth involved removed. If it is a one time event, the cut usually heals uneventfully if it is left untraumatized. If you have a lot of pain, I like the Over-the-Counter Colgate Orabase topical anesthetic gel. It sticks to the cut and won't wash away. However, it is very hard to get so you may have to look online. If you get a canker sore on the area, have your dentist prescribe Kenalog in Dental Paste.

Vote:

Ask a Question