Slightly different question - PICTURE ATTACHED

IMG_20190904_181318.jpg
IMG_20190904_111517.jpg

Hello dentists,
-Had lower wisdom tooth extracted on Friday.
-Strange taste in mouth and no clot but no pain on Sat, Sun, Mon.
-Went to dentist on Monday still no pain but he tried to form clot again. He said socket was empty, but it wasn't dry socket.
-Tues clot was gone again.
-Today (Weds) I have attached a photo of current situation. It changes composition and is very deep, sometimes it looks like only some black at the bottom then sometimes like it's full?

My questions are:
Without a clot how is it possible to not get dry socket?
Am I on day 6 of recovery in the socket, OR did socket recovery begin from scratch again when he tried to form a clot?

Attachments

• IMG_20190904_193700.jpg
    IMG_20190904_193700.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you're on Day 6 post-op with no signs or symptoms of dry socket, then anything else really doesn't matter. Just relax and let healing take its course.

Vote:
I am really sorry to bother you again but now I am really stressed out, I have attached a clear photo of inside the socket. I just finished eating and was cleaning carefully inside my mouth and wanted to see how it looked in there so took a photo and to me it looks really bad. I just have a sore gum line and no pain but stiff jaw. I am technically on day 6/7 since extraction last Friday morning, but I had to go back Monday (76 hours ago) for him to try to reform a clot)
Is this going to become dry socket? Or is that healing matter? It looks awful!
PS: I am sorry for the food stuff around it (cabbage).

If you're on Day 6 post-op with no signs or symptoms of dry socket, then anything else really doesn't matter. Just relax and let healing take its course.

Attachments

• IMG_20190905_171152.jpg
    IMG_20190905_171152.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 349

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
There is no need to 'reform" a clot. the wound will heal from the bottom of the cavity upwards over the next few months. Even though you may get a bit of food in it occasionally, it will normally do no harm and work its way out without intervention. If you have no significant pain, then there's no meed to do anything. Chill.

Vote:

Ask a Question