Sinus lift, membrane perforation

Hello,
2 weeks ago I had closed sinus lift and implant placement surgery for 2 teeth. I had pains for 4 days after the surgery, then I was better and now I have very strong pain in my upper jaw. The dentist who did the surgery says that everything went fine, but when I'm looking at the image it seems that the membrane was broken. Could anyone please tell me if the implant installation looks fine?
Also I had a root canal treatment on the 7th tooth (next to the implants), so the pain might be from that tooth. Now I'm wondering if it was necessary at all to have a RCT for that tooth? Thanks a lot!

view

Attachments

• PAN.jpg
    PAN.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The implants look fine from the Xray (only). The 2nd molar has had an RCT started but it is not finished, so this is a possible cause of pain.The lower right 2nd molar has an unfinished RCT; the RCTs in lower left 1st and 2nd molars are questionable; upper right canine and 1st premolar also questionable, and I'd suggest you have these assessed by an endodontist for possible retreatment before you run the risk of failures and more implants. If have been going to a general dentist up till now, I'd talk to an endodontist and a prosthodontist about where your teeth are heading in the long term.

Vote:

Ask a Question