Simple filling turned into complicated extraxtion

I could feel an irregularity on my tooth like a cavity and my dentist kept telling me nothing was there after miltiple visits. The tooth is now sensitive to everything so I switched dentists and the new dentist had no doubt there was an issue and cavity on the tooth, in fact he said he's unsure if he could save the tooth even with a root canal now because of its location and length of time it was allowed to progress...

Would a dentist purposely let a simple filling turn into a big issue like I have now on purpose for financial gain? As in my insurance would pay a small amount for the filling or alot for an extraction.

What other reason would he pretend he doesnt see anything wrong for? He had to of have known especially with me pointing it out literally...

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Did the new dentist show you the decay on the X-ray, or are you just taking his word? We don't want to miss problems - it doesn't work out financially in the long term if the patient doesn't recommend us to other people.

Vote:
In the United States I wouldn't doubt it but in Western Europe, no. Dentists in Western Euorpe are ethical. The culture is intellectual not narcissistic or profit driven. regardless of whether Trump received the majority vote he is a narcissist and he was Tolerated where he would be laughed at in Western Europe and told to Gtfo! dentists in the Western EU and EE are really helpful not pathological.. a new study suggests 70 percent of American millenials are narcissists. So it probably means about 50 percent of older generations are too. IN Eastern Europe where I had to work for a few years they are completely incompetent and so it is stupidity not intent to harm. I would prefer stupidity over maliciousness but either way it costs and I am very angry about the stupidity of the dentists I have dealt with both in the US and in Eastern Europe. The only awesome dentist I had was in New York and he was newly arrived from Egypt: dedicated and wonderful. I am starting to clench my teeth thinking about them so ciao.:)

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
In the United States I wouldn't doubt it but in Western Europe, no. Dentists in Western Euorpe are ethical.....:)
Bit of a rant. There are good and bad dentists everywhere. The educational standards and economies of some countries are a factor in the *average* quality of dentistry. Recently saw my son's fiance from West Germany and the quality was so poor for that particular dentist that I redid the work myself - what a great holiday she had here (Australia)!

Vote:
No, I am entitled to my opinion regardless of the chord I strike within you. And as an Australian I am surprised you feel comfortable challenging the German health care system which is much more impressive. Australians remind me a lot of Americans from the Midwest and West (not international New Yorkers.) I was not impressed with the country. New Zealand on the other hand was mind blowingly beautiful and the people were so down to earth and intelligent and enlightened about conservation . And I'm certainly not German lol! but I am in touch with reality and give credit where credit is due. I don't pay any mind to American and other similar countries' narcissistic doctors whose ego and hubris don't match their skill and hence repel. The most brilliant doctors, diagnosticians I have met have been in some of the poorest countries, they have no ego and yet are truly brilliant. They are not in it for the money or prestige, it is their passion. This has been my experience travelling the world. I met the most brilliant doctors in Turkey and Ecuador. Both relatively poor countries but with medical talent that is mind blowing. I wish first world doctors and dentists in Australia, the United States and UK would see their brilliance and be humbled. I also met brilliant doctors in the Eu and EE none with hubris the same as in Ecuador and Turkey but they had more advanced technology afforded them.

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question