Should the tooth be removed or it’s possible to save it?

Please, can anyone tell me if the left 2nd molar should be removed or it’s possible to save it.
had a pain and the check was swollen, but after three days of antibiotics the pain gone and the swelling as well. thanks.

Attachments

• 2055D805-5E6B-4484-ABE0-F8CEB6B852BC.jpeg
    2055D805-5E6B-4484-ABE0-F8CEB6B852BC.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 2

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The bottom left tooth might need to be removed since the decay underneath the crown has gone into the root. Since it is part of a bridge. The bridge will have to be sectioned and then only that tooth needs to be removed. Obviously you will be left with a large gap, but I would consider seeing a dentist for a full workup before replacing the gap with something fixed, since there are a lot of other problems that needs attention too

Vote:
Thank you for your reply. The 3rd molar should be removed as well or it could be save? Or 2nd and 3rd molars should be removed together?

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I agree with Dr M. You have a lot of recurrent cavities under crowns and bridges. You also have severe gum disease with deteriorating bone. Where are you located?

Vote:
I would love to know what exactly I need to do, that I can make sure the doctor would do the right thing. Unfortunately we don’t have many good doctors where I live and it’s cost a lot , and I want to make sure if I spend my savings that at least I get proper care and the money wouldn’t be wasted.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
How old are you? You have deteriorating teeth and bone. If you have pain and or swelling, it's more predictable to remove the bad teeth. If no problems, get deep gum cleaning and repair all the cavities to try to save the teeth as long as possible.

Vote:
I am 64. I had a swelling and pain on the left side couple of weeks ago, and then I took some antibiotics for five days and swelling and pain gone. I went to dentist but the only thing they could do was the X-ray ( other doctors were away due to quarantine). The doctor who did X-ray said I might need two bottom molars removed but the only person who would remove it can say for sure but he wasn’t there. But he didn’t tell me about other things on the X-ray and I didn’t know that I have cavities and bone lost. He didn’t say anything about that.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Your teeth and fillings are in a very bad condition. Both molars on the lower left have to be extracted, and you might be lucky to keep the crown on the lower left premolar. lower right bridge is also highly questionable. Too hard to tell much else about other teeth with better x-rays; sometimes an OPG will create artifacts.

Vote:
Your teeth and fillings are in a very bad condition. Both molars on the lower left have to be extracted, and you might be lucky to keep the crown on the lower left premolar. lower right bridge is also highly questionable. Too hard to tell much else about other teeth with better x-rays; sometimes an OPG will create artifacts.

Thank you.

Vote:

Ask a Question