Should I take amoxicillin for another 7 days? I just finished taking antibiotics for 7 days but my teeth still ache.

Solutions
Can someone give me any advice, please?

My concern is i need to get my two left molars extracted as they have been pestering me for a very long time now. I just found out that dental abscess can cause some serious problems like brain abscess if not treated. So its starting to get to me. I had my teeth checked last week. And just when I thought they could be yanked out as soon as anesthesia kicked in, the dentist had to stop the procedure because I could still feel the pain when she was trying to move my molar which shouldn’t hurt considering that shed already injected anesthesia thrice to numb them. I had also finished taking amoxicillin for 8 days but i feel like they gonna hurt again anytime soon. Ive never had extraction before cus im such a puss so Its gonna be my first time.

Could you evaluate what happened? Should I take amoxicillin for another 7 days? She suspected that it still has pus inside my gum thats why its still hurting so she prescribed another amoxicillin but I no longer want to take any antibiotics as i might get resistant. Im planning to have an appointment again after my period. I appreciate your help.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I would stop taking antibiotics. You are correct about risk of resistance and a possible risk for C. Difficile infection. Ask for laughing (nitrous) gas to help you relax and to numb more effectively. Infected teeth usually comes out easier because the infection softens the bone.

Vote:
Solutions
Hi, thanks for your response doc. I really appreciate it. But is it okay to remove it even if it's gonna be painful because it still has pus on the gum?

Vote:

Ask a Question