Should I switch dentists?

Hi all,

I didn't see a dentist for the past year due to Covid. I had really bad pain a couple weeks ago and decided I needed to see a dentist. My usual dentist was not available so I saw a new one and I found out I needed a root canal and three fillings. So after I did the root canal, I went to see a new dentist that was recommended because she was apparently really great with crowns and taught dentistry at the local university.

So I go to the new dentist to do the crown and the three fillings. I gave my insurance on a Saturday with my appointment being Monday and I wanted to know what the quote was. They said they couldn't check Delta Dental over the weekend to see how much I still had for my dental benefits. I go on Monday and then they tell me that my annual limit was used up and that it would cost $1,500 for the crown. Since I was there, I decided to just pay it and get it done.

Now for the three fillings I made an appointment for next Tuesday. I asked for the quote on my visit this past Monday and they said they would get back to me. My money is tied in my HSA investment account so I need to know how much to transfer it to my regular HSA account.

I called them yesterday and today to get the quote and they still have not gotten back to me. I have a suspicion they don't want to give me the price in case I cancel. But I wanted to check with the sub and see if this is normal. I'm a little annoyed that I've waited this long and I think it's kind of shady they aren't giving me a quote.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

The cost of any treatment plan is part of the informed consent process and should be communicated to you. Even if this is only an estimate which can be subject to stance.
Don't be forced into treatment if you don't have all the information prior to when the treatment commences.

Vote:

Ask a Question