Should I keep my partial or get dentures?

Hello,

I'm hoping to get some ideas for a predicament I find myself in. I don't have the money to get my teeth fixed and wil be borrowing it from someone else. Some of my front teeth have chipped and broke off extensively to the point where they must be extracted.This will leave me with only 5 teeth on the top. Two of the remaining teeth have some minor chipping as well, and the other 3 molars are okay.

I can not decide which is the best way for me to proceed. Shoudl I add teeth to my partial or get a top denture? I have read if you have any teeth left, that it is best to keep them. However, I have had to add teeth to my cast metal partial before and it would be considerably cheaper than a top denture. I'm a little leary of the two chipped teeth that will be remaining. Any insight to my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
How are they functioning? Are they staying in or do they come loose? Do you have pain and or swelling on your remaining teeth? There are a lot of variables to consider including costs.

Vote:
Overall my partial is doing well, it may be just a tinge loose because there is a tooth missing in one spot it use to clamp on. This was the only tooth that was loose and it came out on its' own. I've been fortunate so far and have not experienced any real pain with the badly chipped teeth. Once in a while there is a tinge of sensitivity in one of them. My gums seem fine as well with no swelling or pain.

My greatest concern is based on the fear the two remaining teeth in the front with minor chipping, will start breaking away like the two that need to be extracted now. For some unknown reason the past three months my teeth started chipping significantly. One tooth has broken off to the point there is a little less than half left.

Thanks!

Vote:

Ask a Question