Should I get bonding or veneer? Pic

I had my front tooth chipped when I was a kid by a rock, and got dental bonding done. It lasted 9 years and then chipped off. I got it re-fixed 3 different times ( by 2 different dentists) in a week and each time it chipped back off in my sleep I then found an amazing cosmetic dentist 6 hours from me and had it bonded again, she also made me a night guard I wear every night. It has lasted a year and broke off the other night again, ( I smacked my mouth together hard somehow in my sleep.) Now I have another appointment next week and I can’t decide if I should have it bonded again, or just have a veneer done. The dentist is amazing and has good reviews for doing veneers, I am just slightly scared of the veneer route, although I am tired of the bonding always chipping off. Any advice I would greatly appreciate!

Attachments

• 4204D5B6-E5C8-4162-813D-71A2E48AD5D8.jpeg
    4204D5B6-E5C8-4162-813D-71A2E48AD5D8.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 401
Solutions
If you have a veneer the tooth will have to be shortened probably to the length of about where the chip ends. It will likely have to have some of the front taken off so that it's the same thickness as the natural tooth next to it. These changes are irreversible. A veneer can also fall off or chip over time. They are usually guaranteed for five years.

So you have to be prepared to lose more tooth than you have already lost. It's not like a natural tooth. You can't nibble with it (say bite through a thread or your fingernails). The tooth may be more sensitive. You will have to take greater care of the margin.

Vote:

Ask a Question