Should I find a new dentist?

A few days ago I saw a dentist mainly due to tooth sensitivity when eating and dry mouth. At some point she asked me if I thought it was tooth grinding which seemed odd to me. I shrugged it off and said no, how would I know anyway. But then I later looked at my teeth and could see something was off about the enamel. The tip of one of my incisors was flattened and there looked like there was some sort of hole in it. Some of my front teeth were also showing signs of wear.

Why wouldn't a dentist just look at my teeth for signs of grinding? I'm sure she could have seen what I did if she just looked. Is it likely that she is a bad dentist?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Most likely she asked about grinding because she could see signs of it. She only asked if you are aware if you grind or not. Most of the time people are not aware that they grind, and if enough enamel is damaged or lost, it could lead to sensitivity. I would suggest getting a bite plate to counter the effects of the grinding before the damage leads to more serious issues.

Vote:

Ask a Question