should I extract the wisdom teeth??

I have a wisdom teeth that is half emerged for years and never grown completely

Today I visit a dentist for a measure-to-made night guard, when he investigated my teeth , he recommended to extract the wisdom teeth, but I refused.

Please help look at if it's really necessary to remove it. What possible consequences if I have it removed or not have it removed?

I am not sure if it's the one indicated by the red or the green arrow. But one of my wisdom teeth (lower part) is recommended by the dentist to remove it. But SINCE I really dont want to have any teeth removed , can I keep it?
f2pkqd.jpg

drmins

Verified Dentist
Its not necessary to remove these tooth,unless there is a non-restorable or deep caries on it or there is any food lodgements in it due to the mucosal flap covering it.But you need to ensure that the hygiene is well maintained in these areas.

And if you are going to get it removed , why worry just about the complications? A well operated, post operatively well cared procedure will not lead to complications, the most possible complication being dry sockets. The pain in the post operative period can be managed will proper medications and diet modifications for few days.

Good Luck
Dr.mins

Vote:
Its not necessary to remove these tooth,unless there is a non-restorable or deep caries on it or there is any food lodgements in it due to the mucosal flap covering it.But you need to ensure that the hygiene is well maintained in these areas.

And if you are going to get it removed , why worry just about the complications? A well operated, post operatively well cared procedure will not lead to complications, the most possible complication being dry sockets. The pain in the post operative period can be managed will proper medications and diet modifications for few days.

Good Luck
Dr.mins

I used my bare fingers to touch the gum around the wisdom tooth that has grown to half. I can feel that the gum around the tooth is a bit ''thick'' . I don't know if it's inflammation or not because I am not a doctor.

In General, Under what circumstances a wisdom tooth is advised to remove?

Thank you Dr. mins again for many helps.

Vote:
NOT a dentist this is what i was told by my dentist. Hope it helps :)

Sometimes even though your wisdom teeth don't pain doesn't mean everything is fine with it. This is because there could be other reasons too. Like in your case since they haven't grown fully the reason could be that your wisdom tooth is stuck or impacted and this could damage your tooth in the adjacent socket. I myself didn't face any pain before taking the decision of removing them, still i did remove them.

Vote:

Ask a Question