Shape of crown as on radiograph

Discussion in 'General Dentistry Discussion' started by datamatters, Apr 13, 2019.

1. datamatters

datamatters

Hello,

I have had a new crown placed about 1 year earlier. For check up, I went to dentists a few times with xray.

The PA radiograph on the very top says the shape of crown (which is on the left) changed(right-bottom side became longer) as compared with other 3 radiographs. I'm not sure what is going on with either shape of my crown or gum line. The angles from which each of the 4 radiograph was taken look reasonable and similar.

Here is the link to radiographs: the https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?b...;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=0;src=postname

It would be appreciated if you can share some thought with me!

Thanks in advance!

datamatters, Apr 13, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. datamatters

MattKW Verified Dentist

Sorry, can't get into post, and not interested in opening up yet another account and email. How about posting them on Imgur? A PA radiograph by definition is taken at an acute angle and is not used for checking crown margins. It is much better to have bitewings taken perpendicularly.

MattKW, Apr 16, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. datamatters

datamatters

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    datamatters, Apr 16, 2019
  4. datamatters

MattKW Verified Dentist

Type in Imgur.com. It's a free site for uploading images. Often used on forums like this.

MattKW, Apr 17, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question